Thursday, January 25, 2007

Solicitations

One of the things I really wasn't expecting after getting my LSAT score back was the steady stream of emails from universities I've never heard of, inviting me to apply to their programs. Many of them offer a waiver of their fees if I choose to apply.

I'm flattered, or I was at first, but now I'm just frustrated because the one place I *want* to hear from has remained mum.

I'm considering contacting them and asking if my file is complete, which is just a backhanded way of saying, "do you want me? Have you made a decision? When will you make a decision? Don't forget about me!" Which is desperate, pushy, and lame. Plus, and this might be overthinking it, if I draw attention to myself, I make it clear that I really want to go there, which might mean they won't offer scholarships to entice me. They're the only school I applied to, but they don't know that - mightn't it be nice to be wooed?

Or is that a pipe dream?

No comments: