Sunday, May 20, 2007

Back on the Wet Coast

Well, we got here Monday. I have a cold, so as the plane landed in Vancouver, my ability to hear dwindled to almost nothing. It's getting better, but still not good. Several weeks - months? - of exhaustion fell on my head as soon as stepped through the door of my new, permanent home (well, as permanent as makes no nevermind), and I'm just now beginning to emerge from under that, as well.

I love the apartment. It's really a two-storey house, with a decent kitchen, small dining room, big living room, 1.5 baths, and 3 good-sized bedrooms. Storage is reasonable, especially because we have a large storage room immediately adjacent to our door. We also have a nice patio that looks out onto a green space, and we inherited a barbecue from the previous residents. Once our furniture and the bulk of our possessions come from Peru and Manitoba, we will have a real grown-up home.

Of course, it was sunny for the first few days we were here, but now it is gloomy and rainy. But I don't mind. I'm taking it pretty easy for now, getting my bearings, getting the kids settled in, and looking forward to summer. The wonderful thing about how we've timed all of this is that we've gone from South American summer to Canadian spring, and now we're heading right back into summer.

Man, winter's going to be a blow.

No comments: