Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Oh, the Glitches . . .

So, I finally followed up on the file status issue. It turns out that they were under the impression that my LSAT was not to be taken until February. I cringe when I think of the office staff rolling their eyes at the twit who wants to know if her file is complete, when she hasn't even written the test yet . . .

So I emailed with my score and my LSAC ID number, but got no response. For five days. So I phoned and talked with an administrator who was very sweet and friendly but not at all helpful - basically she told me not to worry, and that my file was not complete but that everything would be fine.

Today I called the woman with whom I'd been emailing, directly, and asked her about it. She said that when they try to get my score from LSAC, they get a "results unavailable, future test date" message, or something to that effect. So, it looks as though the problem is on LSAC's end, not mine (as in, mistake on application), or on the university's. So, I guess that's good? She said she would look into it, took my SIN and LSAC ID again, and said she'd let me know what she digs up.

At least I'm on their radar now, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So UBC, who has your SIN and your LSAC ID number, can't access your score for the purpose of reviewing your application.

But other schools, who don't know who you are, can get your score for the purpose of soliciting an application from you.

Smells fishy to me.

Melania said...

In a nutshell, yes.

And, fishy, yes.

Anonymous said...

Ditto that,

So I would keep after them now...